- Brazil and the Pursuit of Inclusive Growth discusses the strengths and weaknesses of the current democratic system.
- The report is based on four specially commissioned research papers and draws on insights that emerged from a workshop in Rio de Janeiro.
- It explores in detail how Brazil’s democratic institutions (political pacts, elections, parliament, courts, and civil society) have affected the country’s attempts to promote growth, reduce poverty, stimulate innovation and keep corruption in check.
- This report focuses on Brazil, asking what lessons Brazil’s experience provides for other countries which want to promote inclusive growth as well as democracy.
- It is based on four specially commissioned research papers and draws on insights that emerged from a workshop discussion held in Rio de Janeiro on May 20, 2013, attended by Brazilian economists, political scientists and journalists.