CDE’s executive director, Ann Bernstein, was invited to be a speaker in the ‘Economic Insights: The Economy Matters’ online conference that was hosted by the Gordon Institute of Business Science (GIBS). This conference unpacked a range of key economic issues in relation to the development and growth of South Africa. The conference comprised of various panels of experts and industry leaders.
• Prof Adrian Saville, GIBS faculty and investment specialist at Genera Capital;
• Zeph Nhleko, chief economist at DBSA;
• Dr Kgosientsho Ramokgopa, head of investment and infrastructure office at The Presidency;
• Dr Faith Mashele, chartered procurement and supply professional (FCIPS);
• Henk Langenhoven, chief economist, Minerals Council South Africa;
• Barbara Creecy, minister of forestry and fisheries and environmental affairs of the Republic of South Africa;
• Prof Nick Binedell, founding director of GIBS, and strategy professor;
• Philippa Rodseth, executive director, Manufacturing Circle;
• Tshifhiwa Tshivhengwa, CEO TBCSA;
• Prof Barend Erasumus, Dean: Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences, UP;
• Dr Ismail Vadi, GIBS adjunct faculty, former member of the Executive Council for Roads and Transport in the Gauteng Provincial Government, South Africa;
• Paul Makube, senior agricultural economist, FNB Business, Agriculture;
• Mandy Rambharos, GM, Just Energy Transition, Eskom;
• Thomas Garner, chairman of SAIPPA; and
• Gina Schoeman, managing director, head of CEEMEA Economics; head of South Africa Research; and South African economist at Citi Research.