- This report summarises original research carried out by CDE on factors which have an impact on the teaching and learning of mathematics and science in a sample of urban and rural public high schools.
- It also reviews the findings of a number of other current reports and studies which address these factors.
- This body of research has illuminated the key factors involved in effective mathematics teaching and learning, with important policy implications.
- The report concludes with recommendations about the changes needed in public and private sector policy and practice, if pervasive and deep-seated challenges to better mathematics achievement in schools are to be successfully addressed.
- The findings are presented against a background of other significant research reports on the same broad topic.
Photo credit: Lum3n.com from Pexels