- How is the South African middle class doing in comparison to other developing democracies?
- What are the different definitions of the middle classes in South Africa and India, Brazil and Kenya?
- The Centre for Development and Enterprise (CDE) has been finding out by commissioning research and hosting discussions with experts and stakeholders in India and Kenya.
- This Round Table report is based on a high-level workshop with Indian and Kenyan think tank partners that took place in Nairobi, Kenya.
- The report confirms that successful democratic societies of the future will be those that achieve sustained economic growth which consolidates and improves the hard-won status of this demanding and newly empowered constituency.
- Beginning in 2013, governments in several democracies across the emerging world
Photo credit: Peace Alberto Iteriteka from Pexels