- This publication is a summary of research commissioned by the Centre for Development and Enterprise from Dr Roger Deacon, an independent education expert.
- He examines international experience and the literature in South Africa and elsewhere on various teacher pay for performance programmes.
- The report identifies what lessons can be drawn from both developed and developing countries, the various mechanisms used for incentives around the world and the potential for success for such systems in the South African context.
- This publication is a summary of a paper written for the CDE by Dr Roger Deacon.
- He examined international literature and experience of various teacher pay for performance systems. This summary examines the pros and cons of such systems, the motivation behind them, benefits and potential pitfalls.