- This, the second report in CDE’s Big Cities Series, positions the Durban developmental challenge in a national and international context, and points to the central issues that decision makers ought to consider if they wish to make Durban a successful city in national and world terms.
- Through a combination of historical and geographical luck, political pragmatism and the tight focus of local business leaders, Durban is probably South Africa’s most promising global competitor.
- Over the past two years, the Centre for Development and Enterprise has conducted a major study of South African’s largest cities.
- This project has been guided by certain core ides.
- The first is South Africa’s future will be determined in its large cities, and that development in them are thus very important for the country as a whole
Press release: Durban’s vision needs good leadership