- South Africa’s commitments to mitigate climate change, though qualified and conditional, may affect the pursuit of its other developmental goals.
- In a series of papers commissioned by CDE, experts present evidence and analysis looking at the interaction between socio-economic development and climate change policies in South Africa.
- The papers look at what the transition to a green economy would look like,
- How global climate change negotiations might proceed over the next two decades and how this will affect South Africa, and (iii) what Brazil, China and India are saying and doing about climate change.
- A fourth paper will look at South Africa’s energy needs and policies in light of our climate change policies.